Secure your Linux VPS Server today with this 19 important points.
What ever you are on Ubuntu Server, Debian or CentOS these security tips will help your enterprise.
Since several years the internet security became more then a simple passion.
For these reason I provide // Secured Private Web Hosting + Private Cloud
CentOS 7, Apache, MariaDB (MYSQL), Let’ s Encrypt, UFW, FSTAB, SSH, SSL, Protecsu, SYSCTL, Bind9 DNS, ModSecurity, ModEvasive, Fail2ban, PSAD, CHKRootKit, NMAP, LogWatch, Apparmor, Tripwire, ClamAV, Maldet.
- Install and configure Firewall – ufw
- Secure shared memory – fstab
- SSH – Key based login, disable root login and change port
- Apache SSL – Disable SSL v3 support
- Protect su by limiting access only to admin group
- Harden network with sysctl settings
- Disable Open DNS Recursion and Remove Version Info – Bind9 DNS
- Prevent IP Spoofing
- Harden PHP for security
- Restrict Apache Information Leakage
- Install and configure Apache application firewall – ModSecurity
- Protect from DDOS (Denial of Service) attacks with ModEvasive
- Scan logs and ban suspicious hosts – DenyHosts and Fail2Ban
- Intrusion Detection – PSAD
- Check for RootKits – RKHunter and CHKRootKit
- Scan open Ports – Nmap
- Analyse system LOG files – LogWatch
- Apparmor – Application Armor
- Audit your system security – Tiger and Tripwire